Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to the residents of Garrawarra Centre consistent with Garrawarra Centre/SESLHD policies, procedures and standards.
1. Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with residents with dementia and related BPSD to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence
5. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations
6. Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles
7. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems