Purpose of Position
The Nurse Practitioner in Emergency Department is a Registered Nurse authorised to function autonomously and collaboratively in an advanced and extended clinical role within the specialty area.
1. Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner.
2. Holds relevant tertiary qualifications at a Master’s Degree Level.
3. Holds post graduate qualifications in Emergency nursing and or extensive work experience in Emergency Department/s.
4. Demonstrated high level of communication skills (written and verbal) with associated interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, think critically problem solve and make sound decisions.
6. Demonstrated understanding of evidence based practice and contribution to best practice models of care/principles.
7. Demonstrated computer literacy and understanding of hospital information systems.