Purpose of Position
The Clinical Documentation Specialists will facilitate modifications to clinical documentation to support appropriate reimbursement in the level of service rendered to selected inpatients at WSLHD. Demonstrating patient complexity allows for accurate service planning and enhanced data for research and abstraction purposes for clinical coding. A key contact for the Clinical Coding Staff for clinical queries.
1. Extensive clinical experience in an acute care environment, interacting with all levels of staff demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Proven ability and experience in implementing change management processes in a broad health care setting.
3. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and organisational skills with high level communication and attention to details and the ability to work autonomously and within a team.
4. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement principles and improved health care outcomes.
5. Understanding of current benchmarks, activity targets and KPIs and how they fit into a Activity Based Management model.
6. Advanced computing skills in Microsoft and relevant packages with demonstrated experience in collecting and managing data.
7. Current Drivers Licence valid within Australia and is required to travel between facilities.