Purpose of Position
The registered nurse working for SNSWLHD is responsible for the provision of patient centred, evidence-based nursing care and is expected to embrace practice development principles in the delivery of that care.
Care will be provided in a quality framework and promote positive health outcomes. The nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team using a contemporary practice model.
Care will be planned giving consideration to ethnicity, culture, gender, spiritual values, sexuality, age, disability and economic and social factors in consultation with patient as all or any of these may impact on their health journey.
The nurse will work in a multidisciplinary team environment, show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of their care, inclusive of appropriate referral to, and in consultation with, other relevant health professionals, service providers, and community.
The nurse will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians or students. Will maintain their professional development and work within mandated directives, standards, policies and procedures of the Health Service.
1. Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for patients/clients within the Health Service
3. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in a rural health setting
4. Knowledge of and ability to work within a patient centered approach to nursing with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of care
5. Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an understanding of recent contemporary changes