Purpose of Position
Provide safe, compassionate person centred care within a Cardiothoracic/Vascular Unit in Surgical Services ensuring care is delivered in collaboration with patients/families/carers and a multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and outcomes.
Take a leadership role in the coordinating nursing care, working in partnership with Enrolled Nurses and Assistants-In-Nursing.
•Registered Nurse with current Authority to Practice with APRHA.
•Demonstrated application of professional and ethical boundaries when working with complex situations as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to manage the nursing care of patients by applying evidence based practice and critical thinking.
• Demonstrated ability to advocate for and implement individualised person centred care
• Demonstrated capacity to identify and resolve conflict situations by managing own emotional responses and interacting with others in a personable and professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to apply and share professional expertise to immediate work and developments within field of expertise to enhance service delivery.
• Demonstrated commitment to work and partner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, families and communities focusing upon promotion and enhancement of outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and employees
• Recent hospital acute surgical experience, able to demonstrate the management of complex post operative surgical patients