Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing access for the day to day health care requirements of patients within Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) Correctional Centres.
The Registered Nurse’s role includes reception screening and comprehensive health assessments all persons received
1. Authority to practice as a Registered Nurse accredited with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency.
2. Demonstrated excellent communication skills including verbal and written reporting in a multidisciplinary environment.
3. Sound and demonstrated knowledge of nursing, theory and practice.
4. Experience in conducting health assessments.
5. Proven commitment to continuous quality improvement.
6. A demonstrated commitment to self-learning and development.
7. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the goals and values of the Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network.
8. Proven ability to use basic computer applications such as Intranet and MS Word ( Outlook, Word and Excel)