The Canterbury District Health Board systematically plan, fund and deliver care to over 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Canterbury DHB is home to our new Waipapa building with a footprint of 10,450m2, this is the South Island’s largest tertiary hospital. Our services also encompass several other sites including Christchurch Women’s, Hillmorton, The Princess Margaret, Ashburton and Burwood Hospitals.
At the Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience with varied case mixes and a high level of medical education, training and supervision. With 600 Resident Doctors employed at the Canterbury DHB, you will join a team committed to serving their community.
Interested? Find out more about us here
The Role: Where you fit in
We are seeking Registrars with at least three years post grad experience to start with us January 2022 as part of our Annual Recruitment intake.
Skills and experience:
- You will have at least two years of post graduate experience
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
What’s in it for me?
- Live in a vibrant city, with a creative undercurrent. We have hills, beaches and ski fields a short drive from Christchurch City. To find out more, visit http://bit.ly/2n9sr32
- Enhance your career with first class training and supervision from the Medical Education and Training Unit (METU)
- Be supported by our Resident Doctors’ Support Team (RDST)
- Access support at all hours, including after-hours support from the Clinical Team Coordinators and SMOs.
Has this interested you to join us here in Canterbury? Click apply now and in the application form you will be asked to select your speciality preference(s), please note due to current staffing arrangements and training requirements, vacancies may not occur in some services.
- Anaesthesia Registrar
- Emergency Department Registrar
- Intensive Care Registrar
- Medical Registrar Advanced Training
- Medical Registrar Basic Training
- Non-Training Surgical Registrar
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
- Paediatrics Registrar
- Pathology Registrar
- Psychiatry Registrar
- Public Health Registrar
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below.
You will need to submit the following:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees (which will be contacted right away)
For further information, email [email protected]
Please note, due to volume of queries we receive during annual recruitment there may be a delayed response.