At Ashburton Hospital, you will have the opportunity to work and live in a progressive town servicing the wider rural community. You will form strong ties to community and primary care providers.
- Three or six month placement, full-time Rural Hospital Medicine Registrar
- Commencing January 2022
- Located at Ashburton Hospital, a one-hour drive from Christchurch city
What’s in it for me?
- Adopt a medical skillset capable of helping rural communities
- Work in a supportive team with Rural Hospital Medicine specialists (SMOs)
- With all after-hours duties being based in the Acute Assessment Unit, you will have variety and be involved in practical procedures
- Access to the Rural Hospital Academic Centre and training, with state-of-the-art simulation mannequins
- Accredited level 3 Rural Hospital for vocational training programme
- Free accommodation is provided on site
Skills and experience:
- You will have completed PGY2 by January 2022
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
About the Ashburton District:
- Mid Canterbury is a district with scenery so magnificent it will take your breath away, one of the country’s richest agricultural and pastoral regions that rises deep into the Southern Alps
- Whether your interests are; fishing, skiing, walking, mountain biking, jet boating, rafting, scenic flights, playing golf, exploring New Zealand’s high-country stations, or wining and dining, Mid Canterbury has it all
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below.
In the application form you will be asked to select your speciality preference(s), please note due to current staffing arrangements and training requirements, vacancies may not occur in some services.
You will need to submit the following:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees (which will be contacted right away)
For further information, email [email protected]
Please note, due to annual recruitment and the reduced timeframes there may be a delay in getting back to you.