This is the time to come to the West Coast. We have a brand-new purpose-built facility, Te Nikau Hospital and Health Care Centre and are leading the way in an exciting new chapter of Rural Medicine.
We offer an ideal setting for trainees in Rural Hospital Medicine, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine and General Practice Medical programs.
We are accredited for two training programmes:
- Rural Hospital Medicine training focused on ED, General Medicine, General Surgery
- GP Training
What’s in it for me?
- Skilled teaching and Supervision from our Senior Medical Team
- Excellent exposure to SMO’s and procedures
- Great lifestyle
- Diverse range of medical experience
You will enjoy:
- Experience the very best of the great outdoors - suitable for both thrill-seekers and observers. See this link for more information: http://www.westcoasthealthcareers.co.nz/
- Live in a family-friendly environment, with facilities and schools nearby
Skills and experience:
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by January 2022
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below. Applications will only be accepted online.
You will need to submit the following:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees
For further information, email [email protected]