As the nurse unit manager you will be responsible for:
- The position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the ward/unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital/facility
- Provide operational direction for the unit/ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition, you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels
- Undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team
Located in outer Geelong.
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Working with Children check (if relevant)
- Previous experience at NUM level or equivalent
- Experience in the Acute setting
- Degree in relevant specialty area
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to developing in a management role
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management
- Demonstrated HR management experience
- A management degree or working towards desired
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.