Are you up for living and working in the beautiful NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting?
Location: Broken Hill NSW 2880
How to Apply
Your application is to be submitted through eCredential ONLY. To apply please click this link:
• Supported by a full team of dedicated junior staff
• Reasonable workload with time to provide exceptional levels of patient centred care
• Flexible roster arrangements for a better work life balance
• Competitive remuneration package including travel costs and other incentives
About the Opportunity
- Exciting opportunity for a Visiting Medical Officer to join an enthusiastic team of emergency medicine professionals at The Broken Hill Hospital
- Provide high quality, emergency healthcare to public and private patients of the facility, using contemporary and evidence-based best practice
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team to achieve exceptional levels of care to our patients, helping achieve our vision of excellence in rural and remote health
- If you’re looking for a meaningful career change that comes with all the perks of country living then this is the role for you!
About the Hospital
The Broken Hill Hospital is the largest hospital in the Far West Local Health District. It features 100 beds and services a wide area with a population of 25,000 people. It is a rural teaching hospital, providing emergency, elective and outpatient services, including dialysis and chemotherapy. It has an emergency department, general medical, surgical, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatric, mental health and sub-acute beds. Work is underway to enhance the level of ICU and CCU. Support services include Pathology, Medical Imaging (CT scan), as well as a wide range of Allied and Primary Health services.
About Broken Hill
Often referred to as the “Capital of the Outback”, Broken Hill is an iconic mining town in far west NSW full of spirit, history, diversity and character. It was Australia’s first city granted National Heritage listing and has many natural and man-made attractions. Far away from the light pollution of the big cities, Broken Hill is an ideal location for star gazing. It also has a number of lookouts that are perfect for indulging in spectacular sunsets over the vast, flat landscape.
Watch this video to see it for yourself!
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Advanced Skills Training in Emergency Medicine through RACGP, ACRRM or ACEM or significant experience at a senior level in an emergency department.
- Sound clinical knowledge in Emergency Medicine demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities and CPDs relevant to the specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, Colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites. Demonstrated commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care in the public sector setting.
- Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical /Dental Practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
- Current valid Working with Children Check and other checks as required by the Network.
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Karen Chrisakis, Medical Administration Manager on [email protected]
Applications Close: 23/06/2021