The Bayside Child and Youth Mental Health are looking for a Speech and Language Pathologist to join their team. The successful applicant will deliver high quality evidence based clinical speech pathology services within Bayside Child and Youth Mental Health Service.
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Manage an allocated workload to deliver Speech Pathology services, within the Bayside Child and Youth Mental Health Service including assessment, intervention and evaluation within a multidisciplinary team in accordance with established clinical & departmental protocols, policies and procedures, utilising evidence based practice and ethical standards and under clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of senior staff.
- Apply increasingly independent clinical judgement to Speech Pathology decision making under clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of senior staff.
- Develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within the team and by engaging in professional development activities including completing and maintaining mandatory training requirements, participating in performance appraisal and development plans.
- Contribute to development to of clinical practices, procedures and protocols within the Speech Pathology and Bayside CYMHS department with the support of senior staff.
- Provide education, direction and supervision for routine tasks to less experienced staff, students and support staff, with the support of senior clinical staff.
- Participate in the identification, development, implementation and evaluation of quality and service improvement and/or research activities that enhance the delivery of Speech and Language Pathology services and promote patient centred care.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE² values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online; Please review the Role Description for more information on application process requirements. Agency referrals will not be accepted for this position.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.