This role provides high level clinical speech pathology and leadership as a member of the speech pathology service and multidisciplinary children’s health teams, based in Southport.
For further information on our health service, please watch our corporate video:
An opportunity has become available for several Speech Pathologists – Senior (Paediatrics) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Independently deliver high level paediatric speech pathology clinical services integrating high level knowledge across a broad range of clinical areas
- Lead acute paediatric speech pathology quality improvement programs
- Direct the development and delivery of advanced evidence-based paediatric speech pathology and multidisciplinary clinical practices, procedures and protocols
- Monitor and report on speech pathology clinical practices, resources and activity
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Tertiary degree in Speech Pathology
- Speech Pathology Membership is highly desirable
- Working with Children Check
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough) and Hepatitis B
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Drives Licence
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Temporary part time (several positions, hrs negotiable)
- Base salary ranging from $55.22 - $59.42 per hour
Speech pathologists are health professionals who manage communication and swallowing/feeding disorders across the lifespan. Currently, Gold Coast Health employs approximately 55 speech pathologists and a number of dedicated speech pathology therapy assistants. Services provided include acute care, outpatient services, rehabilitation, community rehabilitation and community-based care for adults within regional hospital, tertiary hospital and community settings, and acute, outpatient and community-based speech pathology services for infants and children. Thi Role is based at Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Wednesday, 16 June 2021.
Job Ad reference: GC374890
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE***
Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF file types are supported. Files must be a maximum of 2MB each.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.