The Brisbane Youth and West Moreton Detention Centres are recruiting for two (2) permanent full-time Staff Wellness Officers. The Staff Wellness Officer is responsible for the coordination and administration of a supplementary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for youth detention centre employees' and their immediate families', including assisting staff in overcoming traumatic incidents and providing professional and emotional support.
The Staff Wellness Officer will also participate in other tasks which support the HR Manager and the safety, health and wellbeing activities of the youth detention centre and its staff.
Please note the following:
1. To be eligible for these positions, you will need possession of a relevant university degree in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or Human Services.
2. You must have or be able to apply for a Positive Blue Card through Blue Card Services to work at the Brisbane Youth and West Moreton Detention Centres.
3. The successful applicant will be required to work at Wacol, Brisbane West.
4. In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to complete three (3) mandatory questions as part of your Smart Jobs application.
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for more information on the position.
Key duties of the position are:
• Coordinate the provision of counselling, crisis intervention and Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) to staff affected by acute or cumulative psychological trauma.
• Support managers in relation to complex staffing issues or management of critical incidents.
• Facilitate employee access to psychological support services, counselling, and early intervention where appropriate.
• Assist with supporting individual staff experiencing; work related challenges, progression to retirement and other challenges relating to domestic and family violence, relationship difficulties and other issues that impact on the emotional and psychological health of staff.
• Assist employees with managing healthy thinking, living and work life balance approach.
• Assist in the preparation, review and update of relevant policies, strategies and standards for the effective delivery of psychological support for youth detention centre employees.
• Assist, where relevant, in the identification, development and facilitation of training programs, information and other interventions for peer support and psychological support for staff generally.
• Assist in the provision of education and training in occupational stress and other occupational health care issues to youth detention centre staff.
• Provide or coordinate professional advice, education and training for managers and supervisors, enabling the development of skills to understand and assist staff in distress and/or affected by psychological trauma.
• Provide advice and a consultative service to managers regarding the psychological and emotional health of employees, as well as other issues which impinge on the health and well-being of staff.
To apply, your application should include:
• A one page cover letter outlining who you are, your strengths and qualifications, and why you are interested in this role?
• A current resume containing details of 2 referees. At least one referee should have a thorough knowledge of your work over the past two years as your manager or supervisor.
• Provide a copy of your degree as part of your application.
• Complete three (3) mandatory questions as part of your Smart Jobs application.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD/375614/21
Closing Date: Monday, 21 June 2021
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
2 x Permanent Full-time positions available. 1 x Brisbane Youth Detention Centre & 1 x West Moreton Youth Detention Centre.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.