The Allied Health Hinterland Team is looking for a Allied Health Rural Generalist (Dietitian - Senior) to join their team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
The Allied Health Hinterland team is one team that spans across the Mackay Hinterland encompassing Clermont, Moranbah and Dysart. The Allied Health Hinterland team provides clinical care across the continuum (inpatients, outpatients, RACF) to all of these sites using a range of rural models of care including in person, via tele-heath, outreach and delegation to Allied Health Assistants.
Your organisation – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 3,300 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Click here to find out more information about the Mackay HHS
- To work as a member of a trans-disciplinary Allied Health team, delivering clinical services to clients in the Mackay Hospital and Health Services Hinterland, covering a range of clinical conditions, complexity and age groups.
- This rural generalist position operates within a Professional Skill-Sharing and Delegation (PSSD) model of care by providing and participating in supervision and training in the use of skill-shared and delegated clinical tasks and by delivering an expanded scope of clinical practice.
- The position reports operationally to the Hinterland Allied Health Team Leader and professionally to the relevant Professional Discipline Director.
- The team provides clinical care in person, via telehealth and outreach throughout the Mackay Hospital and Health Service Hinterland. In certain circumstances overnight accommodation may be necessary.
The Allied Health Hinterland team is one team that spans across the Mackay Hinterland encompassing Clermont, Moranbah and Dysart. The Allied Health Hinterland team provides clinical care across the continuum (inpatients, outpatients, RACF) to all of these sites using a range of rural models of care including in person, via tele-heath, outreach and delegation to Allied Health Assistants. The Clermont MPHS includes a 10 bed rural facility and a 22 bed residential aged care facility (MontCler). Dysart Hospital is a nine bed rural facility including community health services. Moranbah Hospital is a 12-bed facility, Including community health services and Mental Health hub for the Hinterland.
Why work for Mackay HHS?
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Conditions of employment:
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
- Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
- Provide a short response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
- Applicants applying through a website other than Smartjobs (such as Seek, Jora, Indeed): Click on ‘Apply Now' and you will be re-directed to the Smartjobs website where you can view the documents mentioned above.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online and supply the requested documentation by attaching to their online application. Applications remain current for 12 months (permanent roles) or for the duration of the vacancy (temporary roles).
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.