- This is a dynamic department with busy acute streams offering learning, teamwork and supervision.
- Fixed term to 27/05/2022
- Acute service, Casey Hospital
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health:
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services, as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities in one organisation. More than 18,000 staff work at more than 40 care locations. Occupational therapists are at all sites.
About this ROle
A full-time position in the acute stream at Casey is now available. This will be an excellent opportunity for an experienced, or an emerging Grade 2 clinician. Casey Hospital is situated in Berwick, close to the freeway with easy access to eastern suburbs and regional areas further east. There are 5 acute medical and surgical wards at Casey, with the opening of a further ward in our new building imminent. We now have 7.8 EFT in the acute stream and an on-site sub-acute unit. It is an exciting time to work at Casey!
Casey Hospital prides itself on having an outstanding multi-disciplinary Model of Care where Allied Health works solidly alongside Nursing and Medical colleagues. You will find this a rewarding and friendly climate in which to provide high quality patient care and extend your professional skills. Supervision of Grade 1 or AHA staff is also required.
The Occupational Therapy department works in close contact with our colleagues in the other Monash Health bed-based services, and Community Services. There is a particularly close relationship between Casey & Dandenong Hospitals. We offer a strong professional development programme and regular supervision, both within Casey Hospital as well as the wider Monash Health programmes.
What we’re looking for in you:
AHPRA accredited Occupational Therapist with experience in aged care and /or rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will:
- Implement clear communication and advocate for best care for the patient
- Engage patients and their caregivers in the participation of their treatment journey
- Acknowledge responsibility for own learning
- Collaborate with others in the development of department resources and research pursuits
- Routinely uphold the Monash Health iCare values
Benefits, Rewards and remuneration:
- Becoming a team member in a patient-centred and dynamic team, with a shared vision of providing the best available care to Monash Health patients.
- Opportunities for research and professional development
- Salary packaging
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries in regards to internal applicants please contact Recruitment Services on 92652776.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.