• New Zealand’s leading public hospital
• Full Time Permanent
• Friendly supportive team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding Oncology service at Auckland City Hospital.
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist passionate about patient care and multidisciplinary practice that has an ability to manage caseload effectively within the fast-paced acute care environment. You will work within the Acute Occupational Therapy team based at Auckland City Hospital covering Oncology services clinical area.
For further information on these roles please contact Natalie Muthoo on [email protected]
, Occupational Therapy Clinical Lead
Here is a video which will give you an insight into this role :
What we can offer you
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals - Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Here is what we can offer you:
• Working within a dynamic, supportive and multidisciplinary team
• Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
• On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
• A great team environment and supportive work culture
• Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
About the department
The Oncology service is part of the Regional Cancer and Blood Service at Auckland District Health Board. Oncology is the area of medicine to do with treatment of cancer. Many different specialties manage cancer treatment. Surgery (Surgical Oncology) uses operations to diagnose cancer and treat it by removing it from people's bodies. Medical Oncology uses medicines or drugs to treat solid tumours such as cancer of breast, bowel, and lung. Radiation Oncology uses radiation, mostly from powerful x-ray machines, to treat tumours. Haematology (Haemato-Oncology) treats tumours of blood such as leukaemia and lymphoma. Palliative Care uses medicines to control the symptoms of cancer to alleviate any suffering. You will provide patients with valuable Occupational Therapy assessments, interventions and facilitate complex discharge planning in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, working closely together to ensure best outcomes for our patient care needs.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:-
- Either have or be eligible for NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist
- More than 2 years of post-graduate clinical working experience
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on [email protected] quoting ref #ADHB10509A to discuss how we can best support your application
Closing date is 23 June 2021
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com