- Awesome Team!
- New Zealand’s leading DHB
- Permanent positions
We are looking for an experienced physiotherapist to join our Physiotherapy Team for a static role on the Vascular Ward.
About the role
This is a full time position of 40 hours per week within a team of about 15 Physiotherapists working across acute surgical team. You can expect to treat patients who have undergone surgeries such as re-vascularisation procedures, AAA repairs and lower limb amputations. You will also have opportunities to assist cover within our other surgical wards which include orthopaedics, neurosurgery, liver and renal transplant and urology. You will work alongside Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality, evidence based, effective services for this patient population.
You would also be required to participate in our weekend and on-call roster.
Click here to view the position description
If you need any further information about these positions, please contact Hannah Zuhir, Clinical Lead Physiotherapist on [email protected]
What we can offer you
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the largest healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and are the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand. We aspire to provide the highest standards of patient care and staff engagement which is underpinned by our organisational values of Haere Mai (welcome), Manaaki (respect), Tá¿¡hono (together) and Angamua (aim high).
Here is what we can offer you:
• On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
• A great team environment and supportive work culture
• Excellent support from experienced practitioners, peer reviews and professional supervision
• Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
Our Physiotherapy Service
Our dedicated and welcoming team are passionate about best practice and innovation and support our staff to engage in service development. When one of our physiotherapists was asked why she works at ADHB, here’s what she had to say: “Moving from overseas to work here at ADHB was the best move I've ever made! The physiotherapy team and wider MDT are amazing. I've been given endless opportunities to further my career development, including going on courses. Best of all, I've made some great friends. We go out for dinner, bowling, kayaking trips, weekends away and of course...lots of shared lunches!!”
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes :-
• Have or be eligible for NZ registration as a physiotherapist
• At least 2-3 years of clinical physiotherapy experience in acute and/or rehabilitation settings
• A passion for working in acute care with excellent clinical decision making skills and use of evidence based practice
• A flexible, pro-active and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
• Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
• Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
• Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
If you want to be part of a great team and learn from the best, come join us! We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on [email protected] or on 0211083241 quoting ref #ADHB9819 to discuss how we can best support your application
Closing date is 21 June 2021
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com