Coonamble is home to Australia’s biggest rodeo and campdraft and near three natural wonders, the Warrumbungle National Park, the Macquarie Marshes and Pilliga Forest. As a small country town featuring art deco buildings and classic country pubs with genuine rural hospitality, Coonamble is the perfect place for a treechange.
Established in 2007, Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service is northwest of Gilgandra on the central-western plains of NSW. Operating out of modern, purpose-built facilities, we are committed to providing access to quality health care services for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in Coonamble and surrounds, and the greater community. We provide a range of services with access to GP’s and multiple allied health services onsite, and can offer transportation services for patient’s convenience, travelling to and from the clinic.
Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service has a vacancy for a full time Registered Nurse, to work collaboratively with our dynamic clinical practice team. The successful applicant will also work alongside our New Directions team providing services to mums and bubs.
- KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Current Registered Nurse with minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
- Current registration with APHRA.
- Knowledge of Best Practice Appointment and documentation computer program or willingness to learn.
- Nurse immunization certificate or willing to undertake this qualification.
- Proven effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to assist GP’s with clinical procedures and undertake diagnostic services such as INR and ECG.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding of EEO’s, EAPS, and ethical work practice principals.
- Demonstrated experience of working in Aboriginal communities.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Current Criminal History Check within last 6 months
- DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of AGPAL Accreditation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Quality Management System.
- Experience in all aspects of Chronic Disease Management including Chronic Disease care plans and Health Assessments
- ADDITIONAL FACTORS
- Possession of a current ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s License valid in NSW is required;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Proof of vaccination must be provided upon acceptance of appointment.
The salary is negotiable based on experience.
All applications must include a cover letter, current resume and contact details of two referees and be received by no later than 5pm on Thursday 5th August 2021. Please email your application to Wanitta Glover at [email protected]