:Dental Officer Level 1
: $91,820 - $119,760 pa+ Dental Officers Rural Incentive Scheme Allowance (approx $20,000pa)
: 8 August 2021
What you'll be doing
Provide evidence based clinical care to patients within your scope of practice and regularly manage patients with more complex treatment needs at Oral Health facilities across the Local Health District.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future temporary and permanent full-time and part-time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
National Police Checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtaina Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2020_017 before employment can commence.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required.Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
For further information visit: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
- Current registration as a Dentist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a preventative/population health approach to patient care.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct in line with prescribed NSW Health policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and sensitively with a wide range of individuals.
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems including electronic patient records and digital imaging.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent professional judgement on routine clinical matters.
- Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes. This may involve driving long distances within the Health Service. Evidence of a current Class C drivers licence.