- Opportunities for professional development and career succession are available
- Private hospital
- Friendly and supportive management team
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the facility
- Providing operational direction for Rehabilitation Services to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and co-ordinate the delivery of nursing and Allied Health care that is evidence based
- Be accountable and responsible for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels
- Undertake direct patient care as required, providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team
- A leader who can support and guide their staff in an environment of change in the private health setting
Located on the central coast of New South Wales.
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Current APHRA Registration
- Extensive experience in Rehabilitation Care with greater than 3 years’ experience in an acute hospital setting
- Post Graduate qualification in Health/Business Management or undertaking same
- Proven organisational, financial and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer literacy skills
- Experience in Human Resources Management (desirable)
- Experience with Accreditation and application of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards (desirable)
- Ability to assess patient Functional Independence Measure (FIM) within the Rehabilitation Unit (desirable)
- Understanding of Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre (AROC) data and reporting (desirable)
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.