• Permanent full-time opportunity
• Deliver high level psychology services to consumers of Acute Care Team in accordance with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) Code of Ethics, Ethical Guidelines, Queensland Health’s clinical governance policies, and Code of Conduct
About the role
The West Moreton Health Service is offering an exciting opportunity to join the Acute Care Team (ACT) which is currently in a process of change and looking for a highly motivated clinician to join the team. They deliver high level psychology services to consumers of ACT, Community and Acute Mental Health Services. The Psychologist will work collaboratively with a range of internal and external providers and organisations and will be responsible and accountable for the provision of consumer focused, family inclusive and evidence-based care.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of specialist psychological services in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards, including assessment, formulation, planning, implementation and evaluation of complex care needs of consumers with disorders and co-morbidities such as severe and enduring mental illness; alcohol and drug disorders; emotional and mental disorder of an acute nature requiring tertiary mental health intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to provide senior clinical leadership and demonstrated autonomy in monitoring and prioritising workload demands to initiate, develop and implement quality strategies that will enhance the delivery of the work unit and profession-specific clinical services.
- Undertake complex and varied clinical duties with clinical decisions based on valid and reliable evidence with infrequent need for direct clinical practice supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to undertaken routine tasks within an interdisciplinary framework, ensuring the implementation of individual assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, interdisciplinary consultation, liaison with referring agents, discharge planning and evaluation of care using appropriate outcome and data measurement systems.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to positive consumer outcomes by role modelling consumer centred care in the assessment, planning and evaluating of care in collaboration with the consumer and/or their family and the health care team.
17.5% annual leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.