- Unique dual social work and mental health clinician role.
- Great social work opportunity to work across two acute teams.
- Combined social work and mental health split role working in ACIS and IPU.
- Acute Community Intervention Service (formally CATT) Mental Health Clinician / Social Worker
- Social Worker Grade 2 to work rotating roster, 7 days a week - Full-time
- (IPU 0.3EFT & ACIS- 0.7EFT - 12month contract)
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About the Service/Role
This unique dual/split role as mental health clinician/social worker will be located within the Clayton Mental Health Program and sits between the Clayton bed-based social work team and Acute Community Intervention Service (ACIS) formally known as Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team -CATT), currently located at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton.
Acute Community Intervention Service (ACIS).
The ACIS clinicianworks within a multidisciplinary team, which provides comprehensive acute mental health services across the life span within the community. ACIScovers the bayside suburbs of Melbourne. It is at the ‘front end’ of service delivery where the priority is to help the consumer remain in or return to their local community as quickly as possible, with the focus being on community treatment. It also involves working with consumers and their families to strengthen their community service linkages/supports. This role requires staff to work a 7 day a week, rotating roster (with no night shift).
Inpatient Unit (P Block)
The Adult Inpatient Unit at Clayton (otherwise known as P Block) has 31 beds offering treatment to consumers. The successful applicant is expected to provide specialist social work interventions and short term care coordination support to individuals who have presented to the Clayton bed based mental health service. The role will undertake screening, assessment and access to community supports to reduce their psychosocial stressors impacting upon their mental state and impacting on their discharge. This role will also link very closely with the respective clinics in the Clayton catchment endeavouring to achieve seamless transition for clients and involve their families and carers when they move between the clinics, PARCS and the inpatient unit.
The successful applicant will work within a multidisciplinary team and be part of a valued team of Social Workers providing support to consumers receiving direct care and on-going treatment (individual and group-based).
All work is expected to be conducted in a way that upholds the Monash Health and Mental Health Program’s Vision, Purpose and Values.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 3 years mental health experience
- An ambitious and driven leader
- An understanding of recovery orientated principles
- Qualifications and relevant registrations for Nursing and APHRA
- Capacity to work independently and within a team
- A friendly and professional attitude.
- Excellent engagement, relationship and therapeutic skills
- Resilience and strong work ethics
- Australian working rights
- You must have relevant professional registration
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A valid Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
- Post Graduate Qualification in Mental Health is preferred
Monash Health will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Salary packaging
- Friendly and supportive culture opportunity to experience various teams
- Supervision and professional development
- EAP support
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries in regards to internal applicants please contact Recruitment Services on 92652776.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.