- Make the move to Tropical North Queensland and make a real difference!
- Take your next career step and enjoy the benefits.
- Generous relocation packages and upskilling opportunities on offer.
Situated in the heart of far north Queensland, Innisfail is a quaint township 90kms south of Cairns. With a warm tropical climate and surrounded by lush green rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, it is a beautiful base from which to explore, and a lovely community to be part of.
The opportunity exists for two General Practitioners to make a real difference to health care working directly within an Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation that is owned and managed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
This bulk billing practice provides clinic consultations, outreach clinic programs and home visits. Hours of work are 8.30-5pm only, with no weekends required.
Our desired candidate will provide patients with appropriate health care advice and maintain professional standards of practice in the delivery of safe patient care and the following specific duties:
- Respond to medical/health problems presented by patients, including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral.
- Conduct case conferences with relevant employees and service providers to ensure consistency and consensus, as required.
- Follow up patients recently discharged from hospital and referred to hospital or specialists.
- Contribute to Chronic Disease Management as provided by the Medicare Benefit Scheme, including but not limited to chronic disease management items and health assessments for screening and detection.
- Support the professional development of clinic employees by providing basic training and identifying development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other Aboriginal medical services in the region, key external stakeholders and service providers
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients to achieve a strong team philosophy within the organisation
- Work collaboratively to exceed client expectations
- Participate in community events (weekends and after hours) when required
- Support health promotion programs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of group activities
- Contribute as required to maintenance of AGPAL and ISO:9001 accreditation status and reaccreditation process, where required
The candidate will have:
- Qualification as a General Practitioner and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner
- Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or ability to obtain registration
- Current registration with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or the Australian College of Rural and Remove Medicine (ACRRM), or a recognised equivalent
- Experience providing General Practitioner services in primary health care
- Experience in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (desirable)
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services, and the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples' (desirable)
The position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursaries for ongoing professional development and, following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive Incentive relocation package support through Health Workforce Queensland.
If you are looking to be part of the change, to help close the gap on health care where it is needed, apply for this unique and important role. Further information can be found on our website.
Job URL: https://bit.ly/2S3qWEe