A career at Bupa is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our customers and communities. Our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world, is what inspires us. It’s a promise to our customers to change lives for the better. Our people are at the heart of this. It’s their passion, ideas and commitment that will shape a brighter future for both Bupa and our customers.
Bupa Dental is the leading dental support organisation in Australia and New Zealand. We support over 1,000 dentists to provide care to over 1 million patients each year. With 1 in 20 dentists in Australia working with us, we are committed to enabling the development of the next generation of dentists and contributing to the broader profession.
The Head of Clinician Engagement is a new role. You will champion and build advocacy amongst our dentists. Your remit will cover the end-to-end experience for our dentists – from how we attract the ‘brightest graduates’ to how we support dentists in their career journey, to how we build a strong collegiate network of mentors amongst our most senior dentists.
Your role will include:
- Building strong relationships with our dentists and understanding ‘what matters’
- Developing a compelling value proposition tailored to different cohorts of dentists
- Creating ‘career pathways’ for dentists, including graduate programs, skill development opportunities and succession planning for senior dentists
- Designing and overseeing in-house and external learning & development programs (CPD programs) to support dentists in their professional development
- Develop, organise, and coordinate the strategy and approach, including collateral, at professional dental events and tertiary institution open days
- Developing mentor programs and specialists networks
- Maintaining relationships with external stakeholders including professional bodies, universities and international networks
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Significant leadership experience (7+ years) in a clinical, learning and development, or related role within a healthcare or within a professional services environment
- Tertiary qualifications in healthcare, management, human resources, business and/or relevant experience
- Extensive experience leading, influencing, and negotiating with clinical stakeholders
- Strong people focus, with a record of effective leadership and team development
- Strong problem-solving capability, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve core issues
- Experience developing and communicating organisational strategy
- Effective leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to role model the Bupa values
How to apply:
Bupa believes in hiring the best talent in the market. We are known for our vibrant, high performing and incredibly rewarding and flexible workplace and we take pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences and development opportunities. With a belief in innovation, we deliver award winning benefits to our employees and encourage involvement within our communities.
Bupa has everything – growth, passion, results, and a caring and supportive culture that surrounds a burning ambition and purpose that is the best in the world.