To formally apply for this position you must apply via eCredential ONLY.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Follow the Registration/Login process, Create/Update your Clinician Profile and complete the Application and Selection Criteria questions.
NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘Fit2Work badge’ offered as an option in eCredential.
To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
In line with the NSW Public health orders NSW Health Employees are considered essential workers, to be eligible for employment with South Western Sydney Local Health District the following COVID-19 Vaccination requirements need to be followed:
Are you a forward thinking, enthusiastic and authentic individual dedicated to high quality and better value patient care? Look no further, this is the job for you!
About The Opportunity
South Western Sydney Local Health District Oral Health Servicesarerecruiting forSenior Dental Officer's (Level 3) to complement and enhance the current the services at Yagoona, Fairfield, Rosemeadow and Campbelltown.
Life at South Western Sydney Local Health District is rewarding, progressive and diverse and is always focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, Healthier Communities.
Where You'll Be Working
At South Western Sydney Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
Transforming Your Experience (TYE) is SWSLHDs key strategy to always positively transform your, our patients, our consumers, our staffs and our communities experiences across our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always safe, high quality and personalised and all our staff are supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. SWSLHD upholds the CORE Values - Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
Workplace Giving Program
South Western Sydney Local Health District employees also have the opportunity to make a difference to help those less fortunate. Visit the Workplace Giving Program for more information.
What you'll be doing
The Level 3 Senior Dental Officer is responsible for the provision of a high standard of clinical services in general dentistry with a focus on medically compromised patients. The Dental Officer is responsible for the provision of adult and paediatric general practitioner dentistry within the scope of publicly funded dental services including restorative, preventive, endodontics, exodontia, radiology, minor oral surgery and prosthetics.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Unrestricted registration as a Dentist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a clinical unit/service.
- Demonstrated high level of clinical independence as a senior dentist with ability to accept referrals from junior dentists and oral health therapists.
- Demonstrated highly advanced clinical skills and clinical reasoning abilities in managing most of the difficult clinical situations, complex medical histories, children and those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Demonstrate an earned recognition of their exceptional competence in dentistry and have a proven record for carrying out a broad range of advanced and complex dental procedures, as well as experience in performing procedures under oral sedation, relative analgesia and general anaesthesia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with a range of individuals including the general public
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a multidisciplinary clinical team, act as a mentor to other clinical staff, teach undergraduate students as well as assume responsibility for providing clinical supervision, advice and support to all dental practitioners within the team.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement in clinical practice, develop and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff, as well as conduct clinical research.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kathleen Fitzgerald on 02 8738 9073 or via email at Kathleen.Fitzgerald1@health.nsw.gov.au
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application now.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.