FACULTY of DENTISTRY
UNIVERSITY of OTAGO
Who we are
The University of Otago Faculty of Dentistry is the foremost dental education and research centre in New Zealand.
Applications are invited for a full-time (1.0 FTE) confirmation-path Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Dentistry. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual with a passion and enthusiasm for teaching and research, to share your knowledge and skills with students and colleagues.
In this role you will:
- Teach and deliver didactic and clinical skills components in the BDS undergraduate programme and to postgraduate programmes including the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry.
- Contribute to the research activities of the Faculty.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Department of Oral Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry and its responsibilities within the University and wider community.
Skills and experience
- A Dental Council of New Zealand-registerable paediatric dentistry specialist.
- Prior experience in dental education and research is preferred.
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for under-graduate and post-graduate dental education and for working in an academic team.
Collaboration and collegiality are important values within the Faculty of Dentistry and we seek a colleague who will both enjoy and enhance our cooperative work environment. We are committed to equity and we value the benefits that diversity brings to our work and our community.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Children Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check.
Candidates are requested to submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Names and email addresses of at least three referees
To submit your application please click the apply button. Applications quoting reference number 2101645 will close on Sunday, 3 October 2021.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2101645
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.