Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank, we’re encouraged to think big. With a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
HealthStrong - our Allied Health service
HealthStrong is Medibank's allied health provider delivering care into residential aged care, corporate wellness centres and private homes. With operations right across Australia, you’re in control of where your career takes you.
In this role you will bring quality care direct to our clients utilising all Podiatry treatment options to ensure a comprehensive approach to the care, treatment planning and rehabilitation of the presenting foot issues. If you are patient centred and willing to grow and expand your scope of practice this is the role for you.
We are seeking proactive quality driven mobile Podiatrist to join our NSW team based across the Sydney Metro region.
Your role will be to provide podiatric care to residents across a range of nursing home facilities, corporate health hubs and clients homes with regular treatments, building relationships to maximise foot care and overall enhancing foot health by working as part of team all whilst providing exceptional customer care and best practice. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate abnormalities and diseases related to the foot and lower limb
- Diabetic foot health assessments
- Partake in the chronic disease management plan
- Provide treatment for high-risk patient groups
- Give foot wear advice, foot care advice and education to patients, family members, staff and carers
- Make referrals to other healthcare professionals as appropriate
- Produce other aids and appliances for pedal comfort
- Biomechanical assessments
- Maintain quality documentation and treatment planning procedures
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks such as ensuring stock levels are maintained, and that equipment is kept in good working order, daily reports and handovers to all staff
As we are a quality-based company focussing on how we can best deliver Podiatry care, we limit the number of consultations per day to ensure you have time to provide quality foot care, education and assessments to your patients or next of kin.
This allows quality clinical notes, handovers, assessments and patient care to ensure the best outcomes for those your treat. Our way of working allows for you to gain and improve your skills in a supportive and professional environment.
Our team is comprised of dedicated Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Osteopaths and Podiatrists who provide services including pain management, functional assessments and treatments and rehabilitation in the home and corporate wellness centres.
We live and breathe the Medibank purpose of Better Health for Better Lives and this is demonstrated through our commitment to high quality care.
As a value-based organisation, we are looking for clinicians who align with our vision to shift the way healthcare is provided in Australia. An experienced or new graduate clinician, you love to make a difference in the lives of Australians by working with them to improve their foot function and mobility. With the ability to work autonomously, you also thrive building relationships and enjoy contributing professionally to a multidisciplinary environment. You are driven to improve your skills and scope of practice to benefit yourself and the patients you are caring for.
Requirements for the role:
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Working rights within Australia
- Relevant tertiary degree
- Flu vaccination
What We Offer
By choosing to work for HealthStrong, you will be entitled to an arrange of Medibank benefits including;
- Flexible work options – talk to us about how we can support a great work life/balance
- Attractive remuneration based on experience with annual performance reviews
- Motor vehicle allowance if applicable
- Up to $1000 CPD allowance Plus free access to AUSMED + other CPD opportunities
- Regional allowance based on location of up to $10,000
- Relocation assistance if relocating for the role
- Paid overtime and penalty rates – we don’t believe in working crazy hours however if the opportunity arises you will be compensated
- Subsidised private health insurance and discounts on travel, pet and life insurance
- Salary sacrifice for your car and super
- One on one or team support by an experienced senior clinician or clinical lead
- 14-weeks paid parental leave for all eligible employees, regardless of whether you are the primary or secondary carer – in fact, we’re the proud winners of the number one workplace for dads.
- One day of paid community leave per year
- Health and well-being programs across the organisation
- Internal career opportunities throughout the wider Medibank and Home Care organisation – chat with us about how you can grow with Medibank!
To apply for this for this position click this link - - https://jobs.medibank.com.au/job/Kaleen-Podiatrist-WA-Metro-WA/580159010/
A career with us
We pride ourselves on an inclusive and collaborative environment. We’re also committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people. If we call you to discuss this role, you’ll also get the opportunity to chat about any adjustments.
To start small and impact bigger.