The Radiographer (Clinical Education and Quality Coordinator) position is responsible for clinical education and quality management coordination for the medical imaging (MI) service. The role works with the MI executive team to maintain and coordinate clinical quality for the medical imaging services at Townsville University Hospital and the Health Service rural facilities.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service is the largest tertiary health service in northern Australia; we are responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research within a region covering over 149,500km with a population of approximately 250,000 people.
Our organisation is proactive and committed to delivering excellence in healthcare. Join us today and enjoy generous employment benefits and a rewarding career.
What's on offer?
Remuneration package of up to $147,477p.a., comprising base salary range of $123,877 - $129,257 p.a. (HP5), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%). Assistance with relocation may also be available.
Plus a range of additional benefits including:
Great professional development opportunities
Attractive salary sacrificing options
Parental leave and flexible working arrangements
Employee assistance and staff wellness programs
Supportive and inclusive workplace environment
Access to corporate discounts and free staff car parking options
About the role
- Plan and coordinate specialised professional training and clinical education across a multi-modality medical imaging service in accordance with organisational goals.
- Provide education plans and programs to impart advanced level knowledge to staff in conjunction with modality team leads, and medical, nursing and support staff leads.
- Manage and co-ordinate quality programs for medical imaging aligned with the Townsville University Hospital organisational goals.
- Coordinate medical imaging activity to achieve and maintain, Australian Council Healthcare Standards (ACHS) and Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme (DIAS).
- Support medical imaging executive objectives to provide patient-centred, high quality, professional diagnostic service, through appropriate monitoring and reports (Quality, Education and Training) .
- Bachelor of Science Medical Imaging or equivalent qualification
- AHPRA registration for Radiographer/NM Technologists, ASAR registration for Sonographer
- Hold Queensland Radiation Use Licence or be eligible
- Post Graduate Qualification in Clinical Education or medical imaging clinical speciality
- Evidence of professional development activities.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville offers the perfect laid-back coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of big city living. It is a great place for families, couples and individuals to call home.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Gary Kershaw on (07) 44333450. Applications close on Monday, 25 October 2021.
Please note that unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Please download the Role Description for future reference.
This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role:
Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella and Pertussis.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.