We are looking for a Physiotherapist who has at least 18 months post graduate clinical experience to join the Core 2 Extended Rotational Programme in New Zealand’s largest DHB.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent role. The Core 2 rotations are nine months long with opportunities in the following specialities based at Auckland City Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre :-
- Acute Medical
- Older People’s Health Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation
- All ages stroke rehabilitation, under 65 rehab & Acute Neurology
- General Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Outpatients
- Pelvic Health physiotherapy
- Community Physiotherapy
- Community Outpatient’s rehabilitation
As well as developing more specialised clinical skills, staff on the Core 2 Rotational programme are encouraged and supported to begin to develop management and supervision skills; supporting the development of less experienced staff in case load management and prioritisation.
You will join an excellent team of Physiotherapists to gain skills and competencies in physiotherapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning.You will work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model within a multidisciplinary team on the wards to deliver high quality, effective services for our population. Regardless of your experience, you can expect to receive a thorough orientation and regular meetings with your practice supervisor.
Click here to view the position description.
To find out more about this role, please contact Hannah Zuhir Clinical Lead Physiotherapy on email@example.com.
Here is a video which will give you an insight into this role :
As a service we are passionate about best practice and service innovation and we love to welcome new physiotherapists into our team. So if you want to be part of a great team and learn from the best, come join us! We look forward to receiving your application.
Auckland DHB is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand and we have a lot that we can offer you:
• A great team environment and supportive work culture. You will work in a social, passionate and dynamic team and learn from the best in the business.
• Have the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical fields, including national and regional services that are specific to ADHB
• Be supported to progress your professional growth with access to clinical supervision, mentorship, in-service training and funded CPD activities. You will have on the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities
• Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
• Either have or be about to get NZ registration and a current Annual Practicing Certificate as a Physiotherapist
• Either be a new graduate or have less than 2 years’ experience as a physiotherapist
• Excellent clinical decision making skills and use of evidence based practice
• A flexible, pro-active and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
• Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Joshua Gounder from Recruitment on JoshuaGoun@adhb.govt.nz or mob: 021 394 701, quoting ref #PTCORE2to discuss how we can best support your application.
Closing date is 28th September 2021.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visitwww.kiwihealthjobs.com