- Supportive management team
- Private hospital
- Permanent full time position
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to the ward/unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital/facility
- Provide operational direction for the unit/ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based
- Being accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels
- Undertaking direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team
Located in the western suburbs of Sydney.
- Current unconditional Registration with AHPRA
- Recent management experience with a preference for post graduate qualifications in management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Acute setting
- Proven ability in leadership, performance management, labour management along with cost effective management of service delivery with a consultative management style
- Demonstrated ability to review, implement and evaluate quality improvement programs
- Understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Service standards
- Strong communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of people both internal and external
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Assisting and coordinating internal and external audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 12months working as a Registered Nurse in Australia
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.