- Enjoy interacting positively with patients and their family?
- Want to do part time work in a day oncology unit for one of the leading cancer hospitals in the outer suburbs?
- We've got the role for you!
As the Registered Nurse you will be responsible for:
- Providing evidenced based nursing care including a comprehensive assessment of patients receiving chemotherapy/immunotherapy
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team
- Ensuring patient and staff safety
- Delivering education and support to individuals/patients for the management of their health recovery, rehabilitation or end of life needs
Located in the outer eastern suburbs in walking distance to a shopping center and parklands.
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Working with Children check
- Specialty oncology nursing experience
- Experience administering cytotoxic chemotherapy and/or related cancer treatments
- Competency in PICC, PORT, IV Cannulation and phlebotomy skills or working towards
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and a strong background in patient care with emphasis on chemotherapy or immunotherapy management
- ADAC qualification, CVAD management experience and high level computer literacy
- Commitment to Quality Patient Care
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Sound clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Works well independently and within a team
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum 12months experience as a Registered Nurse in Australia or New Zealand
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.