- Flexible working arrangements and support for continued education
- Part time position
- Work for the hospital with the highest pay rate in all of Tasmania
As the Infection Control Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing the implementation of current Infection Prevention and Control Standards
- Monitoring and evaluation of Infection Prevention and Control procedures, practices and standards
- Working with the Executive, VMO, managers and members of multidisciplinary teams
- Participating in relevant committees, and the National Healthscope Infection Control Cluster
- Collecting, collating and analysing identified statistical data and trends
- Complying with relevant legislative requirements
- Compliance with key performance indicators (KPIs), Infection prevention and Control ACHS clinical indicators
- Policy review and development, staff education and adverse incident reporting and investigations
- Manage the Anti-microbial Stewardship and Hand Hygiene programs including training of staff and reporting of data
Located in metro Hobart with all the perks of an inner-city lifestyle without hefty living expenses and the hustle and bustle of the mainland.
- Minimum 12months experience working as a Registered Nurse in Australia or New Zealand
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years Post Graduate Experience
- Working with Children check
- Certificate or Diploma Infection Prevention and Control (or evidence of currently working towards achievement)
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Good clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and collegially with department managers
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to write reports and collate and analyze statistical information
- Ability to assess and implement change as identified
- Ability to work collegially with the Departmental Managers
- Professional development in Infection Prevention and Control
- Immunization certificate or working towards
- Gold Standard Auditor for NHHI
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.