- Relocation support
- A reduction in your living costs with affordable housing, entertainment and education in the area
- Full time position
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Encourages and supports breast feeding practices and ensures all midwives and students are consistent in their approach to breast feeding support
- Liaises with Maternal and Child Health Nurses to enhance follow up care of mothers and babies and liaises with community agencies to support families with special needs and enhance continuity of care in the community
- Provides direct nursing/midwifery care, including in instances of birth room emergencies and complications, and neonatal or premature baby emergencies and complications
- Demonstrates a commitment to a high standard of patient care whilst promoting a healthy, safe and happy family unit
- Supervises the planning of appropriate nursing/midwifery care to enable the effective utilization of available resources to achieve the Unit's philosophy and objectives
- Co-ordinates nursing services in the Midwifery Unit in an efficient and effective manner ensuring wherever possible that rosters reflect safe patient care legislation ratios
- Evaluates the service and responds to changed need and demand through the development of an appropriately skilled workforce and innovation in care delivery
- Demonstrates an understanding of industrial requirements in managing nursing/midwifery workforce issues and other legislation and codes of practice applying to the workplace
- Maintains Midwifery focused policy & procedures
- Co-ordinates the Midwifery Services Management committee meetings second monthly
- Provides a supportive environment for Postgraduate Diploma Midwifery Science paid employment model students and monitors student progress
Located in the north west of Victoria, approximately 3hour drive from Melbourne.
- Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Minimum five years (5) postgraduate experience and experience in antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary nursing and midwifery theory and practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of National Standards Accreditation
- Demonstrated capacity to manage staff and provide leadership within the nursing/midwifery team
- Ability to apply contemporary management theory and cost effective resource management
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Improvement and the delivery of a high standard of patient/client care and service
- FSEP level 3 competency or willingness to achieve same
- Evidence of annual participation in Neonatal resuscitation training, Maternity and Newborn Emergency Management Training and commitment to supporting PROMPT education within the Unit
- Proficiency in the use of information technology and specifically the Birthing Outcomes System as a super user
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.