- Flexible shifts to achieve a work life balance
- Work as the Midwifery Unit Manager of Birthing Suite
- Discounted gym memberships and on-site parking
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day operational direction for the birthing women, ensuring efficient and effective management of the area
- Providing exceptional patient experience for women and their families
- Leading and fostering excellence in birthing services and promoting a high standard of evidence based midwifery care
- Providing operational direction for the Birthing Suite to ensure efficient and effective management
- Providing hands on midwifery care
- Effectively managing human, financial and material resources and ensure patient service is maintained at optimal levels
- Developing and supporting less experienced members of the midwifery team
- Participating in the marketing initiatives to promote growth, help identify clinical areas for expansion and represent the hospital at external clinical forums
- Being proactive in the development, implementation and monitoring of midwifery services
Located in a leafy suburb in Syndey's north, a stones throw from the beach.
- Current registration with AHPRA as a midwife
- Minimum 12months working as a Registered Midwife in Australia or New Zealand
- Having a solid understanding of the National Midwifery Guidelines for Consultation and Referral, all private and public models of care provided and related policy directives in NSW
- Post graduate qualification in Leadership and Management or equivalent experience, or working towards
- Minimum of 5 years clinical care in midwifery with demonstrated practice according to evidence based care and contemporary practice
- Experience in managing a department (including acting or deputizing into the Manager role) in the public and private healthcare system
- Demonstrated effective change management skills
- Proven ability to lead a team, providing teaching, coaching and mentoring
- Well-developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.