- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
- Full time position
- Continuous professional development, education & support provided to encourage growth
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to the ward to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital
- Providing operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of the nursing care that is evidence based
- The effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensuring the customer service is maintained at optimal levels
- Participating in marketing initiatives of the hospital to promote growth, help identify clinical areas for expansion and represent the hospital at external clinical forums
- Undertaking direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of nursing team
- Working as part of the healthcare team, adhere to and site policies and procedures and achieve key performance indicators
- Participating in working parties/committees and demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvements through NSQHS, workplace health and safety and achievement of hospital accreditation
- Playing an active role in the management of WHS issues pertaining to the unit
Located in metro Hobart with all the perks of an inner-city lifestyle without hefty living expenses and the hustle and bustle of the mainland.
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 12months experience working as a Registered Nurse in Australia or New Zealand
- Post Graduate Certificate in related specialty area
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering on key performance indicators
- Ability to achieve results through consultation, advice and facilitation
- High degree of computer literacy including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a managerial role
- A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Post graduate qualification in management or working towards (desirable)
- Triage Competency (desirable)
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at email@example.com or call us on 1300 444 100.