headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health and wellbeing services to young people aged 12-25 years.
headspace Greensborough is currently seeking a part-time General Practitioner to join our experienced multidisciplinary team offering mental health, physical health, sexual health, drug and alcohol services as well as support with employment and education.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, evidence-based medical care to young people including history taking, assessment, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate;
- Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal and external referrals;
- Encourage and support young people to engage with mental health, sexual health, and drug and alcohol services;
- Keep accurate records of patient care using the headspace electronic patient record and data collection systems;
- Provide appropriate health promotion and preventative health care advice to all young people;
- Provide secondary consultation to members of the multi-disciplinary team.
What we offer:
- Flexible work days and hours (with opportunity to work until 6pm on particular days) so can be scheduled around your commitments;
- No administrative or room fees associated;
- No lock in contracts or weekend work;
- Full administrative support and consulting space which includes reception, billing, appointment confirmations, and SMS reminders;
- New, vibrant and fun consulting space;
- Support from the multi-disciplinary team including a nurse; psychologists; social workers; occupational therapists; and counsellors;
- Ongoing referral base of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services;
- Access to free learning opportunities through headspace National;
- Ability to participate in clinical supervision, including access to headspace national tele-psychiatry;
- Support from headspace national that provides a GP community and access to accredited training.
As an experienced GP you will:
- Hold all relevant current licenses, registrations and memberships for legal practice as a qualified and registered GP in Victoria;
- Hold a Medicare Provider Number issued by Medicare Australia and be willing to bulk bill;
- Hold a valid prescriber number;
- Have an ABN and Personal Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and/or NDIS Worker Screening and a separate Criminal History check;
- Be confident in supporting young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health problems and developing mental health care treatment plans;
- Have a high standard of professionalism and a willingness to use the headspace record keeping and data collection systems;
- Have experience and knowledge of youth-friendly practice and understanding of issues relevant to the care of adolescents and young adults;
- Have demonstrated experience in sexual health and contraception management.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com
- Your contact details, including mobile phone
- A brief cover letter and CV, outlining any experience working with young people and their families
- Names and contact details of two referees