- Fixed term full time and part time positions available
- Positive and welcoming team culture + flexible working arrangements available
- Ongoing education opportunities
As the Perioperative Nurse (Circulating/Instrument Nurse) you will be responsible for:
- Caring for patients in the period prior, during and following surgery or interventional procedures
- Circulating/Scout Nurse - The circulating nurse is the intraoperative team’s conduit ensuring all items required to optimize the patient’s outcome are delivered aseptically onto the surgical field. Patient safety is confirmed as the circulating nurse monitors the environment and manages associated risks
- Other roles include - patient positioning, involvement in the Surgical Safety Checklist – Sign In (correct patient, site and consent), Time Out and Sign Out (as adapted from the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist), documentation of the accountable items, collection of specimens, confirming the consent, and equipment management
- Instrument/Scrub Nurse - Involvement in the Surgical Safety Checklist – Sign In, Time Out and Sign Out is also the responsibility of the Instrument/Scrub nurse. The instrument/scrub nurse assumes primary responsibility and accountability for all items used within the surgical field
- With the aim of anticipating the needs of the surgical team the instrument nurse, assesses the surgical team requirements and provides sterile supplies and equipment required for the procedure
- The instrument nurse must remain vigilant throughout the surgical procedures in order to recognize and respond to the patient's changing condition, recognizing intraoperative complications and responding promptly.
Located in central Victoria in one of Victoria's fastest growing regional cities. We can offer generous flexible working arrangements - giving you more time to enjoy the fantastic restaurants, beautiful parks, walking trials and wineries within our region
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Minimum 12months working experience as a Registered Nurse in Australia
- Experience in perioperative nursing
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, set goals and objectives to meet time lines
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills relevant to instrument/circulating nursing
- Demonstrated knowledge in Infection Control Principles, ACORN standards and AS4187:2021
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with, relate to, and see issues from the perspective of people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds
- Have attended a Laser competency course within the last 12 months (desirable)
- Post graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing (desirable)
- Sound appreciation of key concepts of the NSQHS for quality improvement and demonstrated involvement in an activity (desirable)
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and Medical Recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international Medical Recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist Nurses like yourself in finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.