Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
Monash Health Dental Services Dandenong
We are now looking to engage a highly motivated Dental Assistant/Receptionist to join our team at our Dandenong Sites.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About the Role
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, you will work closely with a committed and passionate team. You will be the first point of contact both over the phone and face to face with patients so your presentation and communication will be key to your success.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide chair side assistance
- Maintain infection control standards
- Managing appointments and systems
- Scanning, filing and faxing confidential documents
- Making appointments in person and over the phone
- Facilitate patient flow by communicating with patients and clinical staff
Your Skills and Experience:
To be considered for this important role you will ideally possess the following:
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting (essential)
- Certificate IV in Oral Health Promotion
- good organisational skills and a positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work
- a full understanding of infection control procedures and tracking systems
- thorough and extensive knowledge of dental procedures
- a friendly, outgoing and reliable demeanour
- strong communication and relationship skills
- well-developed clinical and administrative skills
Previous experience with Titanium software would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
What’s on offer
This role offers you the chance to make a real contribution to the dental care we provide to a broad range of clients across south-east Melbourne. As an important member of our committed team, we can offer you:
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Ongoing professional development as you increase your skills
- The ability to access one day off per month
- Salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
As an additional incentive, you may also have the opportunity to work in the Private Dental Clinic.
If you’re looking to progress your Dental Nursing career in an environment where you can make a real difference, send us your application today!
You’ll enjoy the variety that comes from working in this role with a range of team members. Monash Health positions us well to offer you the ability to access a wide range of opportunities and experiences as your skills and career progress. Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email - email@example.com.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will bemade.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions all employees working in the Public Health system need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of theirvaccination status.
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of full vaccination. You will need to provide a copy your immunisation history statementwhich can be accessed via My Gov. The evidence will need to be uploaded as part of your application.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates that can provide evidence that they meet full vaccination status.