- Are you an experienced Physiotherapist who enjoys working in healthcare?
- Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic interdiscipline team?
- Are you dedicated to client centred care and strive for excellence in care delivery?
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Health in the Community: Helping people live their best lives
As Monash Health in the Community, we actively engage with people to improve and maintain health, independence and well-being. We do this by coordinating and/or providing integrated, multidisciplinary care across multiple settings within the local community. Our aim is to help clients live their best lives by enabling them to access the support they need, when they need it.
Working with clients across the age spectrum, Monash Health in the Community provides a continuum of care, supporting clients through all stages of non-acute care from prevention through to rehabilitation.
- We provide services to support clients in their homes, community based facilities and dedicatedMonash Health Community hubs.
- We provide quality care focused on the person in the context of their life
- We are interdisciplinary and innovative with a can-do attitude
- We view change and challenge as great opportunities
Community Rehabilitation offers both home and centre based therapy. The physiotherapist works closely with the key liaison person and the interdisciplinary community rehabilitation team to provide a therapy program that is both holistic and client centred. This position provides the opportunity to work with autonomy, be creative and deliver high quality therapy services.
Fixed term part time position. 3 days a week, Dec 2021 - May 2022
The Grade 2Community Rehabilitationphysiotherapist is responsible for working within the multidisciplinary team to provide best practice patient care, achieve maximal operational effectiveness, develop organisational competencies, and create strong partnerships within and outside Monash Health in collaboration with Senior Clinician Physiotherapists and Stream/Team Leaders. You will provide a high standard of client assessment, treatment and coordination of services to patients, to facilitate safe, effective, and person centred care in the clients home environment.
Desirable -Experience in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
This position may be required to work at any of the Monash Health sites and may be centre based or home based.
What you need:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) or recognised equivalent degree
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) - Physiotherapy Board of Australia (practicing, no restrictions)
- Working towards, or completion, of relevant post graduate study
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, including involvement in relevant Special Interest Group/s
- Current drivers licence
- Working with children check
What you need to know
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions all employees working in the Public Health system need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status. All candidates that are recommended for appointment will be required to provide evidence they meet the vaccination criteria.
This will be by providinga copy of your immunisation history statement,which can be accessed via My Gov,or evidence that you have a vaccination appointment before 1 November 2021. This evidence will need to be uploaded to the E Recruit system.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates that can provide evidence that they meet the aboverequirements. If you are unsure of these requirements please contact the Recruitment Manager for this vacancy.