The Psychologist will undertake the delivery of quality care to clients of the Child and Adolescent, Adult Community, Inpatient and Extended Treatment and Older Persons Mental Health Service based on best practice principles and within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework.
Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
$94,469 to $111,765 per annum
Please note that access to salaries beyond $105,158 is subject to completion of a relevant Graduate Diploma or application to the personal upgrade scheme in accordance with Schedule 8 of the Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Allied Health Professional Level 3
Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Period of Employment
Permanent, part time, day work, working 48 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
Please also note that this process may be used to fill fixed term and casual opportunities as they arise.
1 Strahan Street, Burnie
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive clinical service through the provision of assessment, case management and individual therapies, including specialised therapies for clients and their families or carers.
- Provision of evidence-based assessment and treatment interventions for clients with major and complex mental health problems, including the development and implementation of specialised treatment programs.
- Function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team including the provision of support and consultation to other team members as required.
- Preparation of specialised reports as required.
- Consultation and liaison with the broader health system including GP’s, other Agencies and families and carers to optimise service effectiveness and efficiency and continuity of care.
- Actively participate in quality and safety processes at the team level, including incident reporting and evaluation, approved research, internal audits and policy and procedure review.
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar vacancies.
Generic Psychologist HP03 (October 2021) HR (2).pdf
Generic Psychologist HP03 (October 2021) HR (2).docx
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply Now" button on this screen.
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, complete/upload your short form response and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
For further information contact
Nurse Unit Manger (Team Leader)
Phone: (03) 6166 1161
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us atwww.ths.tas.gov.au