Department of Health are seeking application for Dental Assistants to join our team based from Launceston
In accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, Health Workers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 8 January 2022. Applicants are advised that the Public Health Direction applies to all employees of the Department of Health. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for maintaining clinical standards in dental assisting by:
- Providing a range of support including clinical chairside assistance, administrative and clerical activities, and sterilisation and infection control practices.
- Providing training and assistance to less experienced staff undertaking a traineeship.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- These positions are based in Northern Tasmania.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full or part time, day work,position working up to 76hours per fortnight commencing ASAP.
Fixed term, full or part time, day work, position working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP to December 2022.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$59,694- $63,154per annum + 10% superannuation+ access to salary packaging
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent qualification
Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
Current Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate Level I
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Senior Dental Assistant
Phone: (03) 6777 1092 l
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.