- Full-time or part time 6 months Mat Leave Cover - training will be provided
- Genuine development opportunities at the correctional health industry leader
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
As the Registered Nurse you will be responsible for:
- Providing on going drug and alcohol support to men in custody and assisting to prepare them for release into the community
- Discussing and educating on harm minimisation and harm reduction within the prison system, and in the community as well as blood borne virus screening
Located in the outer western suburbs of Melbourne.
- Registered General Nurse qualification
- Minimum 12months working as a Registered Nurse in Australia
- Registration with the AHPRA
- A minimum of one year full time post graduate nursing experience
- Recent nursing experience in an acute and/or primary healthcare setting
- Demonstrated capacity to meet the above accountabilities
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications and other data bases as required
- Police check clearance
- AOD experience is desired but not essential
- COVID19 Vaccinated
By clicking on 'Apply Now' you will register your interest to work. Once your CV/Resume has been received, a Recruitment Consultant will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Elly Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 444 100.