Mackay Hospital and Health Service is a contemporary organisation providing extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 182,000 people. Our organisation values its people, respecting and embracing diversity and a balance between work and life commitments. Our staff are passionate about delivering outstanding healthcare services to the communities throughout our diverse region.
We want YOU to join our team and contribute to our Vision of delivering. Queensland’s Best Rural and Regional Health Care.
About the Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
- To ensure that a high standard of Physiotherapy service is provided to all client groups of Proserpine Hospital.
- To work autonomously as a Rural Generalist Physiotherapist within a dynamic multidisciplinary team in a busy rural hospital with a full complement of Allied Health Professionals, visiting specialties and highly qualified, experienced Medical and Nursing staff.
- Be a leader providing regular direction, operational and clinical supervision to junior staff, allied health assistant and students across the team, working collaboratively with all members.
The Whitsunday Health Service is made up of two facilities: The Community Health Campus – Cannonvale and the Hospital Campus – Proserpine. The hospital is a 33-bed acute hospital, which offers a number of specialty inpatient and outpatient services. The Community Health Campus offers a range of Community Health services provided by a multi-disciplinary team.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply for this role
- Download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants to familiarise yourself with the role.
- Provide a written response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
Conditions of employment
If you are a new employee to Queensland Health, we want to ensure you have all the information you need before you start. It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the Queensland Health Conditions of employment and the Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online and supply the requested documentation by attaching to their online application. Applications remain current for 12 months (permanent roles) or for the duration of the vacancy (temporary roles).
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.