• Join one of the fastest growing health services in South East Queensland.
•Providing high quality diagnostic imaging service in a major regional hospital.
• Flexible full-time or part-time, shift work and on-call duties as required
About the role
The Radiographer Senior Clinician is a registered Medical Radiation Practitioner who provides a high quality diagnostic imaging service in a major regional hospital.
The Radiographer Senior Clinician is a shift worker required to work across a range of clinical areas and imaging modalities and perform “on-call” duties as rostered.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Builds rapport with patients and demonstrates empathy, patience and respect in delivering a flexible service that meets patient's needs.
- Demonstrates respect for others, remaining flexible, fair and willing to compromise when dealing with team members.
- Understands and adheres to quality systems and processes and proactively identifies areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates direction and vision for self-development, showing initiative in learning and an ability to provide clinical supervision and mentoring to junior staff.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in the areas of general and emergency radiography, fluoroscopy, mobile and operating theatre, procedures, CT and/or MRI. Recent experience in an acute setting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for all patients, carers and staff.
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21 and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association within Australia. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Possession of a tertiary qualification or equivalent establishing eligibility for a Statement of Accreditation or its recognised equivalent from the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT).
- Registered as a Medical Radiation Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Hold a current Use Licence issued by Radiation Health, Queensland.
- While not mandatory, holders of an ASMIRT Magnetic Resonance Imaging Accreditation Level 1a or a post graduate qualification in MRI would be well regarded.
17.5% annual leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
To hear more about our Health Service please watch the video below:
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.