Exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing health services in South East Queensland, delivering clinical podiatry services to patients within West Moreton Health
• Permanent Full-time position available
About the role
The Senior Speech Pathologist role is responsible for providing high level clinical speech pathology services to adult clients within a rehabilitation framework. This position will be based within the Community Based Rehabilitation Team (CBRT) and may be required to rotate through various services (which may include services providing after hours service) within the Health Service.
CBRT is a multidisciplinary team providing centre and/or home-based rehabilitation services from the Ipswich Community Health Plaza and outreach services to Boonah, Laidley, Esk and Gatton Hospitals. This role reports operationally and professionally to the Director of Speech Pathology and Audiology, West Moreton Hospital and Health Service. The role reports to the Team Leader of Community Based Rehabilitation Team for day-to-day issues.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high level of clinical services and leadership in speech pathology rehabilitation practice with demonstrated ability to provide advanced clinical advice and expertise in accordance with organisational goals.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, service providers, co-workers, and managers at all levels that enable the development of improved service delivery outcomes and effective relationships.
- Proactive approach to own continuous learning / networking and shares information with the team to promote a learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, implement, and evaluate local service improvement and/or research initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical supervision to speech pathology staff and students.
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21 and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
- The successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in Speech Pathology and evidence of eligibility for practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
17.5% annual leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
To hear more about our Health Service please watch the video below:
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.