• Permanent Part time Speech Pathologist - Community and early stroke rehabilitation • Grade 1 (at least one year experience) or Grade 2 applicants welcome
• Frankston, Mornington Peninsula & surrounding locations Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative.
We are One Peninsula Health.What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a permanent part time Speech Pathologist to work across our Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) and Stroke Detours Program (SDP). We have up to 24 hours per week available.Enquiries and applications are welcome for all or part of the advertised position.
We encourage experienced Grade 1 (at least 1 year experience) and Grade 2 Speech Pathologists to apply.Our Community Rehabilitation Program offers short term rehabilitation focussed on achieving client centred goals. The Stroke Detours Program (SDP) operates under the Community Rehabilitation Program. It is an early supported discharge program for suitable clients post stroke.
You will primarily be responsible for clients at our Frankston site and offer centre, home and telehealth services. You will form part of the cohesive team of Speech Pathologists across the Community Rehabilitation Program and work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to achieve optimal outcomes for your clients.
Regular clinical supervision is provided with opportunities to collaborate and learn within the broader Speech Pathology team at Peninsula Health. Key responsibilities include:
• Provide best practice speech pathology assessment, intervention, education and discharge planning for clients utilising a person centred care approach. • Work with the multidisciplinary team to help clients achieve their goals
• Work within local Speech Pathology team to ensure prompt, equitable service for our clients • Actively engage in the speech pathology clinical supervision program
• Contribute to the CRP, SDP and speech pathology quality improvement program. What You Need
We anticipate you will have: • Current Victorian Driver’s licence
• Eligibility for practising membership of Speech Pathology Australia • Demonstrated experience (at least 1 year) in Adult neurological Speech Pathology service provision in accordance with person-centred care principles
• Experience in Community Rehabilitation and home based setting is desirable• Experience working with and competence in rehabilitation is desirable
• Ability to competently perform quality speech pathology assessment, treatment and patient management, including thorough and appropriate discharge planning • Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability and experience working within a multidisciplinary team • Demonstrated commitment to continuous and innovative improvement through quality and research activities What Next
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us - the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700. Additional Requirements
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment/ Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.