Dubbo Regional Aboriginal Health Service has a vacancy for a full time Child and Family Health Nurse/RN , to work collaboratively with our dynamic clinical New Directions team providing services to our mum’s and bubs. This position is based at Dubbo Regional Aboriginal Health Service.
- KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Current Registered Nurse with minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
- Current registration with APHRA
- Accredited in Child and Family Health Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge and Understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture and awareness of issues which may impact maternal, child and family well-being
- Demonstrate ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrate high level of nursing practical and clinical management.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage negotiation and conflict resolution processes.
- Competence in the use of computer software, especially patient information recall systems and other databases
- Nurse immunization certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding of EEO’s, EAPS, and ethical work practice principles.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check;
- Current Criminal History Check
- Possession of a current ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s License valid in NSW is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of Cold Chain Management
- Experience in working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and groups and with other professional staff
- Experience in structured outcomes-based service models for women, children and families
- Ability to contribute at a senior level to strategic and business planning and implementation and ability to effectively oversee clinical governance with a multidisciplinary team
- ADDITIONAL FACTORS
- Proof of vaccination must be provided upon acceptance of appointment.
The salary is negotiable based on experience.
All applications must include a cover letter addressing all Key Selection Criteria, current resume and contact details of two referees and be received by no later than 5pm Friday 6th May 2022. Please email your application to Wanitta Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 36, Coonamble NSW 2829 (Please Note: all mail applications must be received by the closing date).