Are you a Dentist interested in public health care?
Nowhere else will you experience the varied casemix and financial incentives other than in rural and remote Queensland.
Our service is aimed at stabilisation and prevention of oral disease and maintenance of function within the HHS region.
Join us today and enjoy a challenging, dynamic and diverse environment and contribute to our vision of creating:
Pathways to better health
for our North West communities.
North West Hospital and Health Service (NWHHS)
- unique locations
- friendly communities
- regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
What's on offer?
Permanent full-time role, 76 hours per fortnight.
Our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff.
To attract top tier candidates we offer generous remuneration packages that include:
- Base salary ranges between $111,474 and $134,195 p.a. (DO1).
- 4 weeks p.a. recreational leave + 17.5% loading.
- Up to 12.5% employer superannuation contribution.
Professional Development: we offer in-house training, development and mentoring programs, a $3,047 p.a. allowance to assist with external development, and 3 days p.a. leave for attending training or conferences.
Rural and Remote incentives: Zone 3 - 30% allowance of base salary.
Additional leave options include: purchased, long service, sick, parental, maternity, or adoption leave.
Accommodation assistance available as per policy: either 17 months at a QH facility or 17 months rental subsidy.
Tax savings through salary sacrificing options are also available.
About the role
Provide general practitioner oral health services to eligible clients at any oral health facility within the NWHHS, to support state-wide delivery of oral health services, and the achievement of targets in oral health treatment and prevention.
- Competent in all areas of general dental practice (particularly exodontia and restorative dentistry) and the ability to work independently in remote locations.
- Proven commitment to maintenance of current clinical knowledge and skills and patient-centred care.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Mount Isa is a great place to live and work!
- Proof of qualification in Dentistry and registration with the Dental Board of Australia (AHPRA) are mandatory requirements.
- C Class Drivers Licence as travel may be a requirement of the role.
- Criminal History checks will be undertaken.
- A 6-month period of probation may apply.
- This is a VPD risk role.
Download the Role Description for further information and application / interview preparation.
Contact: Dr Thrivalen Naidoo on 07 4744 4407.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 01/06/2022.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
This is a VPD risk role and may require evidence of vaccination or immunity to: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis, and COVID-19.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.