Deliver quality oral health services to patients of Metro North Oral Health Services. As part of a multidisciplinary team this role will deliver routine to increasingly more complex level oral health care across a variety of clinical settings.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70)
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Exercise competent professional clinical judgement in providing quality oral health clinical services within a professional referral relationship. Clinical services include the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of routine to increasingly complex dental and oral health conditions in a community or hospital setting for patients of all ages. More complex management is performed under supervision commensurate with level of clinical experience or referred accordingly. As clinical experience builds, clinical decisions and problem solving should be made by exercising increasingly independent clinical judgement.
- Work cooperatively and effectively within an oral health team, a multi-disciplinary team, and with patients / carers.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with stakeholders including with patients and their families, other health professionals, supervisors, students and researchers, and external groups.
- Provide clinical education to students, and clinical practice supervision, mentoring and advice to less experienced practitioners, commensurate with the level of experience.
- Provide direction to assistant, and support staff and work experience students, under guidance of senior clinical practitioners.
Job ad reference number: COH419218 Close date: Tuesday, 24 May 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.